Hello everyone! Many things have changed in my life. I will keep this short and sweet:
– I moved to New Hampshire
– I started grad school — a year early
– I’m temporarily living alone; my spouse and pup are hundreds of miles away in Minnesota for the fall.
– I am doing OK, although the transition is hard and the reading in grad school is even harder.
– I am working as a Hall Director in a graduate assistantship.
– This program is accelerated so, by the end of summer 2017, I should have a Master’s degree.
– I was provided housing (apartment inside the resident halls) and a partial meal plan.
– I live among the undergrads and that is…interesting.
– 75% of Students here are playing Pokemon Go.
– evenings are getting cooler here
– leaves still green
I seem to be doing alright — all things considering:
I apologize I have not been posting much lately. Major things are happening in my life.
First, I am down to 229 lbs from my original 247! I had started to implement 20 min spurts of cardio into my week a few times.
Second, I have just not taken very many photos lately, BUT I did find a slew of old photos that i will be sharing with you shortly.
Third, I am dropping the ball on cooking but will try to get back into the groove of things tonight with steak fajitas!
Fourth, for my anniversary, I received an electronic drum kit. Photos coming soon!…and maybe a recording =) I have wasting all of my time with this for two weeks.
Fifth, and probably the biggest news is that I applied to my first graduate program. The larger part of this news is that the program does not begin in Fall 2017. Instead it begins in Fall 2016 — in August. Thus, I have been scrambling to get all of my materials together for that. I am super excited and I hope I am accepted but if not, I may apply to another school for this fall. If all of that falls through, I will continue on my original plan to apply foe programs in Fall 2017. The advantage to the Fall 2016 program I applied to is that it is accelerated. It means that I could graduate at the same time my spouse will graduate. =) It means that we will have to probably live apart for four months. =( It means that we can talk about having kids two years sooner than we imagined. =) It allows us to make a plan sooner rather than later in my spouses career.
All in all, major things happening with me!
Right now, I am working through this GRE for Dummies book…
I have tried a variety of places…
I don’t have a photo — although I wish I did now — but I was reading in bed with a light attached to my hat. Another day I was using the treadmill while listening to dubstep and reading the book on the treadmill panel. Today, I sat at a picnic table outside work while listening to Snatum Kaur in sun glasses eating the chicken and noodles I made.