Hello everyone! Many things have changed in my life. I will keep this short and sweet:
– I moved to New Hampshire
– I started grad school — a year early
– I’m temporarily living alone; my spouse and pup are hundreds of miles away in Minnesota for the fall.
– I am doing OK, although the transition is hard and the reading in grad school is even harder.
– I am working as a Hall Director in a graduate assistantship.
– This program is accelerated so, by the end of summer 2017, I should have a Master’s degree.
– I was provided housing (apartment inside the resident halls) and a partial meal plan.
– I live among the undergrads and that is…interesting.
– 75% or student here are playing Pokemon Go.
– evening are getting cooler here
– leaves still green
I seem to be doing alright all things considering:
I am all prepped and ready for the week!
Sooo many steps today. We went on two extensive walks. First one was more of a hike!
I have definitely lost a few pounds using the FitBit. This happened the last time I used it also. As long as you are logging your food, you can’t lose!….I mean…you DO lose…but in a good way, haha!
In case you were wondering, we ate breakfast around 11am: left over fajita meat and vegetables scrambled with eggs. Then, we had raisins, a banana, almonds, and a cranberry, chia seed bar for lunch on the trails. Once we finished hiking today, we pulled right into a Burger King and had an ice cream cone. For dinner, we had Caesar salad, chicken and rice leftovers, and a bowl of strawberries.
Our family’s standard shepherd’s pie has white mashed potatoes over a bed of ground beef and corn.
With a little inspiration from a diabetes cookbook, we adapted our recipe to bring you alternative shepherd’s pie — with sweet potatoes over ground turkey and mushrooms with corn.
When my partner said we were going to make chicken and rice, I thought we were going to lay a piece of chicken down on a bed of rice.
This was so much better:
Tomatoes, mushrooms, and corn…”oh my!”
A nice healthy cart-full of things!
So, I need to go grocery shopping because I need to make food for next week but, I already have a few things at home that I’d like to use up first for meals and snacks. So, I will show you my main ingredients, and you can tell me what I should make. Sound good? I am looking for breakfasts, lunches, dinners, snacks, desserts, and beverages.
First, I have these things:
- Parmesan cheese (shredded)
- A variety of spices
- Coconut oil
- Other oils and butter
- Orange juice
- A bag of separated garlic (equal to 1 while garlic)
- 2 whole grain waffles
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Sandwich meat
And then, I have these things:
- Assorted frozen fruit
- Some kind of vegetable pancakes
- Jumbo Shrimp
- Riced Cauliflower
- Veggie Burgers
- Smaller Potatoes
- An avacodo and some lemons