Things have radically changed since I last blogged. In fact, we are still in a cycle of change. For now, this is where we are at:
-Graduate school is over. I hold a master degree! Hoot! Hoot!
-I am job searching
-I gained some weight over graduate school — both physically and mentally
-I have recently gotten back on the wellness train
-My partner and I are living together with our dog in Massachusetts (for the moment)
-As soon as I land a job, we will settle permanently and then, we will begin to truly live our lives!
Hello everyone! Many things have changed in my life. I will keep this short and sweet:
– I moved to New Hampshire
– I started grad school — a year early
– I’m temporarily living alone; my spouse and pup are hundreds of miles away in Minnesota for the fall.
– I am doing OK, although the transition is hard and the reading in grad school is even harder.
– I am working as a Hall Director in a graduate assistantship.
– This program is accelerated so, by the end of summer 2017, I should have a Master’s degree.
– I was provided housing (apartment inside the resident halls) and a partial meal plan.
– I live among the undergrads and that is…interesting.
– 75% of Students here are playing Pokemon Go.
– evenings are getting cooler here
– leaves still green
I seem to be doing alright — all things considering:
I apologize I have not been posting much lately. Major things are happening in my life.
First, I am down to 229 lbs from my original 247! I had started to implement 20 min spurts of cardio into my week a few times.
Second, I have just not taken very many photos lately, BUT I did find a slew of old photos that i will be sharing with you shortly.
Third, I am dropping the ball on cooking but will try to get back into the groove of things tonight with steak fajitas!
Fourth, for my anniversary, I received an electronic drum kit. Photos coming soon!…and maybe a recording =) I have wasting all of my time with this for two weeks.
Fifth, and probably the biggest news is that I applied to my first graduate program. The larger part of this news is that the program does not begin in Fall 2017. Instead it begins in Fall 2016 — in August. Thus, I have been scrambling to get all of my materials together for that. I am super excited and I hope I am accepted but if not, I may apply to another school for this fall. If all of that falls through, I will continue on my original plan to apply foe programs in Fall 2017. The advantage to the Fall 2016 program I applied to is that it is accelerated. It means that I could graduate at the same time my spouse will graduate. =) It means that we will have to probably live apart for four months. =( It means that we can talk about having kids two years sooner than we imagined. =) It allows us to make a plan sooner rather than later in my spouses career.
All in all, major things happening with me!
I have some exciting things coming down the pipeline for everyone. Stay tuned!
Sooo…I found $200 in my night stand.
Part of me is all like:
But part of me is like…
What was this money stashed away FOR?
What bill did I not pay?
Did I put this here?
Do I owe someone?
…Now, the money sits back where it came from…untouched out of fear.
It has been a very stressful two weeks.
- Truck had mechanical failures that were going to cost me more than I was willing to put into an old rusty truck…
- Decided that the truck, “Flanders,” had to go and began the selling process through Craigslist, Facebook Groups, and the old fashioned for sale sign in a parking lot route…***Sale Pending***
- Financed a hybrid vehicle – “Zoe”…my brake score is 97%
- Panicked about Zoe’s car payments tacked on to existing monthly bills…
- Spouse wants to pay $40 more a month than the payment actually is…silent tears…
- Found out at work that 2 months of work would be flushed down the toilet because others did not do their part of the project….
- Found out that another 3 weeks of work would be flushed because an entirely separate department did the exact same thing…
- Was told that the original project deadline was in 10 days for phase one and in 4 weeks for phase 2…
- Was told to recreate/fix project by these original deadlines…the same project that took me 3 months combined to do…
- Spent the week driving approx. 200 miles around the metro area acquiring birthday gifts and anniversary surprises…
- Accidentally got a pen mark on my degree frame while trying to center the diploma in the frame…FML. The thing was like $200.
- Spouse says they would like to apply for a fellowship in Switzerland…and that it is the most important thing they have ever considered doing…an amazing opportunity…it would last a year…and that the president of the school is vetting them…
- Massive argument with spouse regarding the truck, Switzerland, dishes, laundry, cooking, shopping, money, and the way pizza should be stored…
- Colleague changes their mind 4 times in 3 days causing me to do excess work for them 4 times…
- The house is not clean…
- I spray painted a spider….because that was all I could do at the time…
- My shoulder is aching (Level 6) and I wonder if its stress induced. The Theracane and tennis ball is not cutting it. Luckily I agreed to be a massage therapy patient for a class project for one of our students and treatment starts this week! (Have I mentioned I work at a college? I don’t remember)
- I left my FitBit at home Friday…
- I ate Applebees chicken strips, fries, a pint of ice cream, a donut, and 2 Pepsi’s… on Friday…because the FitBit didn’t tell me I couldn’t…
- I accidentally forgot to meet up with my uncle who let me know he was in town for a few days…totally blanked…
- I did not plan for food for the week and now I have no idea what I am doing…
I need to figure out how to relieve the stress and get some peace in my life. I haven’t taken a nice photo in a week! The comment box is open for business…
This site was created to document my life after graduation from college. I now hold a Bachelor’s degree. Well, some of the content may have originated before I earned this degree but the documenting of such things will be added now and later. I have many things I want to focus on in the next year and I want to make a quick list — probably incomplete:
- Sign up for the GRE
- Study for the GRE
- Take the GRE
- Choose 10 Grad schools
- Request reference letters
- Write application essays
- Apply to 5 Grad schools
- Document Photos in Photo Blog (partly why I created this site)
- Learn to cook breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks
- Learn to bake cakes, cookies, pies, and brownies
- Decide if I want to take up pottery
- Decide if I want to paint on canvas
- Prep and cook my own food
- Stop eating out
- Stop drinking soda
- Limit beverages in general
- Treadmill 3x week
- Push ups, abs, and lunges daily
- Weight training 3x week
- Yoga/Meditation at work when offered
- Decide whether softball is in the cards
- Clean out bedroom dresser
- Complete homeless youth project
- Complete clothing purge and donation mission
- Organize Basement
- Tune-Up Bike
- Plant tomatoes and other things
- Maintain job
- Make Products
- Edit photos
KEEP UP WITH:
- Eating healthy
- House Cleaning
- Grooming Dogs
- GRE Studying
- Bike Rides
- Cooking, Baking, Beverage-making
- Gardening / Photography
- Writing Letters & postcards
- Talking about work outside of work