Hello everyone! Many things have changed in my life. I will keep this short and sweet:
– I moved to New Hampshire
– I started grad school — a year early
– I’m temporarily living alone; my spouse and pup are hundreds of miles away in Minnesota for the fall.
– I am doing OK, although the transition is hard and the reading in grad school is even harder.
– I am working as a Hall Director in a graduate assistantship.
– This program is accelerated so, by the end of summer 2017, I should have a Master’s degree.
– I was provided housing (apartment inside the resident halls) and a partial meal plan.
– I live among the undergrads and that is…interesting.
– 75% or student here are playing Pokemon Go.
– evening are getting cooler here
– leaves still green
I seem to be doing alright all things considering:
This has been the best one yet!
Vanilla Greek Yogurt
I am all prepped and ready for the week!
So, I tried to make this:
I modified the toppings and used mushrooms instead of peps but it was basically the same process. This is what they look like in reality. The first round, I forgot the sauce. This is round two:
Despite the disaster zone on the cookie sheet, they were actually pretty good and a nice pizza-ish treat while trying to lose weight. I think kids would approve. Much better for you than bagel bites. Prep time – 10 min? Bake time 10-15 total? I preferred them a little crunchy which means cook them less.
With this fabulous cheese from the co-op:
Sooo many steps today. We went on two extensive walks. First one was more of a hike!
I have definitely lost a few pounds using the FitBit. This happened the last time I used it also. As long as you are logging your food, you can’t lose!….I mean…you DO lose…but in a good way, haha!
In case you were wondering, we ate breakfast around 11am: left over fajita meat and vegetables scrambled with eggs. Then, we had raisins, a banana, almonds, and a cranberry, chia seed bar for lunch on the trails. Once we finished hiking today, we pulled right into a Burger King and had an ice cream cone. For dinner, we had Caesar salad, chicken and rice leftovers, and a bowl of strawberries.
I made one set of strawberry and one set of cherry:
I took a trip to Sonny’s Ice Cream!
Everything is homemade, organic ingredients, etc. Soooo good!