Hello everyone! Many things have changed in my life. I will keep this short and sweet:
– I moved to New Hampshire
– I started grad school — a year early
– I’m temporarily living alone; my spouse and pup are hundreds of miles away in Minnesota for the fall.
– I am doing OK, although the transition is hard and the reading in grad school is even harder.
– I am working as a Hall Director in a graduate assistantship.
– This program is accelerated so, by the end of summer 2017, I should have a Master’s degree.
– I was provided housing (apartment inside the resident halls) and a partial meal plan.
– I live among the undergrads and that is…interesting.
– 75% or student here are playing Pokemon Go.
– evening are getting cooler here
– leaves still green
I seem to be doing alright all things considering:
Today I spent my lunch walking on the treadmill and reading my GRE prep book…and then I ate my lunch while I worked.
Mental notes for if I do that again:
-bring deodorant to work
-bring a towel
-bring another shirt
The break helped me get a good amount of steps in. I also noticed that FitBit added a new feature to my phone app when I updated the software today. It probably came out ages ago but my automatic updates are turned off on purpose for my apps. It now logs your hourly steps to see if you can achieve 250 an hour. I like it.
Tonight’s final count: 10,849
Let’s see if I can fix the sleeping tomorrow night.
11,756: Today’s step count…with the treadmill assist after work for 30 min (while reading my GRE book of course). I also climbed 13 flights of stairs which is actually unsurprising given the building I work in now.
Today is the first day in a long time that I wore my FitBit. Last time I wore it, I lost about 15 pounds. It only helps you lose weight if you log the food though so, I am trying to do that also.
A sad realization today: I drank zero glasses of water…
I used to wear it to bed because it would tell me how much sleep I got and how often Inwas interrupted. I will wear it tonight to see how my sleep is these days.
Right now, I am working through this GRE for Dummies book…
I have tried a variety of places…
I don’t have a photo — although I wish I did now — but I was reading in bed with a light attached to my hat. Another day I was using the treadmill while listening to dubstep and reading the book on the treadmill panel. Today, I sat at a picnic table outside work while listening to Snatum Kaur in sun glasses eating the chicken and noodles I made.